Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Robotics in Japan's Healthcare

"Want a Better Health Care System? Check Out Japan"

The largest group of those with caregiving needs is the aging population, which is rapidly expanding throughout the world. The oldest populations are seen in Japan, and Europe, but other, “newer” nations, such as the U.S., are rapidly catching up.
There may be no topic in robotics that generates more attention, moral concerns and controversy, than the use of caregiving robots. One of the reasons for this occurrence could be how intimate the caregiving robots are with their patient than any regular caretaker. However, nations such as Japan, facing a labor shortage of caregivers, are thankful to able to consider capable robots as a caregiving solution, and especially, an alternative to the loneliness in aging.

According to Mayo Clinic's 2016 article Robots or Robotics in Healthcare", robots such as Pepper, Robear and NAO/ZORA are "undergoing further development in the hopes that they might be practical, useful, acceptable, and safe, caregiving robots. Pepper, brings engaging human to robot interaction, NAO/ZORAis smaller, and highly mobile with elements of engagement, and Robear has the strength to lift people who have mobility issues. All of these robots are undergoing improvements, and updated iterations continue to be released. Robear is still in a research and development phase, and not in public use. Pepper is a four foot humanoid robot, produced by Softbank, that has the power to read and respond to human emotions."
Pepper is an extremely engaging robot. Pepper sold out in Japan in the first minute of going on the market on June 20, 2015. It is hoped that Pepper’s skills in robot to human interaction might improve the mental engagement and monitoring of humans, across the range of mental and emotional needs. 

ZORA’s Nao family of robots – “Nao”, “Zora”  
These robots are characterized by their small size, less than two feet tall, their impressive mobility, and remarkable appeal, likely due to their physical agility and pleasant personality. “Zora”, the latest in the family has been utilized in a variety of therapeutic settings. The Nao robot has been successfully deployed in retirement homes to lead exercise and movement programs, to provide companionship to older individuals who might be lonely, and to answer the many routine questions of the residents.


Robear is a large, bear-like robot being developed in Japan for the purposes of caregiving, specifically those needs which revolve around mobility. Robear continues to be in clinical testing but has promise in lifting and transferring patients, which is a particularly needed caregiving function.

Assist Devices for Mobility Impaired  
The Panasonic corporation has an active interest in developing solutions for the mobility impaired. Panasonic’s “Resyone” is a bed to wheelchair converter. It is also testing a self support robotic device.





1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure tthe following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Whooping cough 16. Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 .. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete